Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Fruit of Summer School

I debated before I sent G to school in his new shirt. 

I didn't want it stained.  But I assured myself: It is Summer SCHOOL, not Summer Camp. 

Away he went.

And came home with -permanent?- marker streaked across his belly.

Enjoy with me the new - stained - shirt.

(Stinky photo.  It's worse than it looks.  Trust me.)

At least I got the satisfaction of knowing that his creative side was being challenged.

It's worth the sacrifice of a new shirt for the production of a masterpiece.

What's the significance of a shirt compared to the expression of artistic imagination?


In case you're wondering - That's really it.  The small green streak on the paper.... that's the complete art project.  Thank goodness they sent that one home for display.


And - in case you care about important things - G's right eye is being patched each day in order to force the strengthening of his left eye.  Thanks for caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment