Saturday, November 13, 2010

Zoo

Thursday was a gorgeous gorgeous day here.  And we went to the zoo.  AND Joseph joined us.  AAAANNNDDD it was free day.  Does it get any better than that?

G was scared at different points - mostly when going through doors into exhibits.  We had lovely conversations about how Mama always keeps him safe. 

He was totally unimpressed with amazing things like BISON GRAZING JUST A FEW FEET AWAY!  That gave me flashbacks to encountering bison on the snowy Yellowstone mountain roads.  At the zoo, I was pretty sure they were behind ultra-strong metal cables but I was still a little nervous.  They're just big, ya know?     

Back to G.  He had a minor tearfilled experience as we dragged him past the carousel: "I wan dat!  I wan dat!!"  But otherwise smooth sailing.  As we passed the site of previous zoo meltdowns, I was enjoying how far we've come.

For the second zoo visit in a row, G enjoyed the camels.  Really?  Out of all the options... camels?

You'd probably like to see a photo of Joseph holding G - both of them smiling - while a polar bear swam just six inches away (behind glass).  I'd love to see a picture of that too.  I need to solve my broken camera dilemma soon!

2 comments:

  1. I've got a spare I'll send you next week - we NEED to see pictures of those boys ya' know! It's my old Nikon, not the best but still works just fine.

    I have to add that the bison grazing at Yellowstone was not one of the strongest memories of that trip - mine is you being PETRIFIED of driving through Yellowstone. Still stresses me out remembering that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually went on line last night and bought a used one! No idea if that was a good idea, but I decided that I MUST have a camera. There's just too much deliciousness happening here every minute.

    [For example, right now the Little is wearing a sleeper (always too cute) and pretending to fix ALL of his toys which are "broken." Love it.]

    Thanks for the offer!! If my new used camera doesn't actually take photos, I may come back to you for your Nikon.

    And - I wrote about the bison especially for you. Yes, the real memory is my ULTRA EXTREME TERROR of sliding off the icy, un-guard-railed, cliffs... the logical reaction of any sane person.

    ReplyDelete