Saturday, August 13, 2011

Smoothies

Until I read it on Christine's blog, I didn't know that a beverage could be dinner

Revolutionary!

Since then I've tried all kinds of smoothie combinations... with spinach as the main ingredient... and my boys love them all!

Lately I always start with the same base: pineapple totally blended with tons of fresh spinach. 

After that's blended to a smooth, sweet green liquid, then I add in all kinds of other goodies.

With G's newly discovered lactose intolerance, we've found Almond Milk to be a good mix-in.I've even branched out into multi-layer goodness:




That one had the pineapple/spinach base, and a top with banana, strawberries & blueberries added.  Super delicious!  G & Joseph each polished off big glasses!

Next I need to figure out the whole world of wheat germ & flax seed.  Anyone have advice on that for me?


2 comments: