Monday, October 4, 2010

Nothing Better

Somehow both of my sons were in rare form tonight.  There was an extended period of ridiculousness in my house.  In advance, I will apologize.  I know that this story will not come across in type.  But in person - we all laughed for a good 20 minutes straight, so I have to try to share that with you.

And - just so you know - please do not think this is typical for my house.  We're not the Cleavers for sure.  But the first part of tonight was awesome.

G attacked Joseph with a stuffed dog.  The dog was attempting to lick Joseph, not bite him.  So perhaps we're making progress with "Project Dogs-Are-Our-Friends."


We needed a photo of G's new jacket for Grammy, but he would not stand still.  He wanted to dance in his amazing jacket.


We laughed & laughed.


Joseph picked up a soft pencil and tossed it gently at the back of G's head.  I freaked: "Joseph!"  G picked up the pencil, tossed it at his own head, and said: "Ow! Dadesh! Ow! Dadesh!"  So Joseph is laughing harder.  And I'm trying to convey that this is not an acceptable example to be setting (while stifling my own laughter).

So Joseph had to "think it over" in time out.


He was very serious while I talked to him about "making good choices."  I'm sure G believed that those were coughs, not laughs.

Nothing fancy, but one of the best times ever.

1 comment:

  1. I love the serious look on Joseph's face!! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete