Friday, October 29, 2010

Please Help

There are more than a few significant helpers in G's life.

Morning school - 2 teachers, 2 classroom assistants, occupational therapist, busdriver (or should I say vandriver), and school secretary (goes out of her way to be nice to G)

Afternoon school - 2 main teachers, 2 secondary caregivers, principal (goes out of her way to be helpful)

Church - 3 teachers

That makes FIFTEEN potential Christmas presents to buy - and I've probably forgotten some people.

What in the world do I do about this?!?

And - yes - I do realize it's October, but I can't stop wondering what real moms do about things like this.

Please help.

C'mon, you know you have the answer.  And please don't say "just bake them all cupcakes designed to look like pencils" (Janis).  Remember that you're advising ME.  Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Is there something G can help you to make? My sister has done chocolate dipped pretzels before. Melt chocolate in the microwave and dip the pretzels in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found in a magazine a great idea for gift jars. Just fill the jars with the ingredients, attach the recipe, and tie a pretty ribbon around it. The ones I have are Cranberry-Bran Muffins, Spicy Three-Bean Soup, Chocolate-Nut Cookies, Blueberry Ginger Hotcakes, Fudgy Snack Cake, and Cappuccino Mix. It is a nice personal gift, cost efficient, and no baking required which is my favorite part. If you want I would be happy to pass on any of the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ideas given already are great. The girls and I have made less messy chocolate pretzels with little pretzels, hershey kisses and m-n-m's. Super easy. Also, as a (former?) teacher, gifts were nice, but a heart felt note really is precious and priceless too!! (Remember, teachers are loaded with candles, ornaments, and bath products.) Janis has no credentials, sent on her behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about one Edible Arrangement for each teacher lunchroom? Different, beautiful, and delicious!

    ReplyDelete