Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Who's On First

G's speech challenges do result in some frustrating conversations.

Tonight he informed me that he wanted to brush his teeth. 
I said, "No, you can brush your teeth later."
He asserted, "Brush my teeth!"
I responded, "G, Mama said No. You can brush your teeth later."
Pointing & gesturing to the other room: "Brush my teeth!  Brush my teeth!"
(Lightbulb suddenly piercing the darkness)
Me: "G, what do you... Oh... you want mac and cheese..."

Because, you know, "Brush my teeth" and "Mac and cheese" sound exactly the same.

I realized that I needed to inform the blogging community about this discovery, so I got my List of Ideas (Scrap of Paper in a Random Pile)... and learned that I had already written myself a note: "Brush my teeth"="Mac and Cheese."

G may be taking a while to learn enunciation.  But I'm not moving any faster in the listening comprehension department.

Oh - also on my List of Ideas was this note: "People"="PooPoo."  Now THAT would have made a story worth blogging about.

1 comment:

  1. Note to self: read note to self.
    Ps: this picture of G compared to the one you sent when he came home is such a huge difference. I noticed how young he looks today when I passed it on my fridge. Now seeing this it's like he's grown from 18 months to 4.

    ReplyDelete