Thursday, June 13, 2013

Soccer


G finished up his soccer season.  He improved TONS. 
 
He definitely exhibits the heart of a happy-to-be-playing friend rather than the heart of a warrior.  I’d vote him “most likely to end up sprawled on the grass” or “most likely to shout for fun while playing.”
 
His biggest learning was – when your teammate has the ball, let them go; when your opponent has the ball, go get it!  We had that a bit reversed at the beginning of the season, but he figured it out (with plenty of practice with Mr. Peter).
 
Before his last Saturday game he announced: “I’m gonna kick kick kick to the goal!... And maybe it doesn’t go in….  I’m just gonna do my best as I can.  And he did.  He scored his first goal!  Even then, he wasn’t thumping his chest.  Whenever I prompted him to share his news, he explained “well, their goalie was distracted.”  Sweet boy.
 
Fun experience.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah G!! Good job learning and scoring a goal. That's hard to do!

    ReplyDelete