Saturday, June 18, 2011

Eye Update

I forgot to mention that, with all we did yesterday, I also made it into work for two hours (thus preserving some of that precious vacation time).  Yay!

I also didn't update you on the eye...

At last week's appointment, one doctor turned to me and slowly emphasized:

"I hope you know... that for the type of injury he had... for the severity of the situation... he is VERY LUCKY."

At yesterday's appointment, we had some disappointing news.  The "debris" that remains in G's eye is sometimes floating & blocking his vision.  His vision has worsened, and I'll need to buy new glasses.  We'll be starting to patch the good eye so that the injured eye is forced to work & strengthen.

I asked this doctor about her concerns with these problems.

She corrected me: "I am not worried about these problems.  Given what his injury was, these are wonderful problems to be dealing with."

Grateful to hear those words.

No comments:

Post a Comment