Friday, June 17, 2011

Vacation Time

G's eye injury is killing my vacation time.  I'm limited in the number of days off work that I'm allowed to take.  Each time I have to drive G to an appointment, more of my vacation time slips through my fingers.  I am very careful about conserving whatever time I can.

Except for today.

We drove to the hospital

and it was a beautiful day

and the zoo wasn't far away

and...

Finally. Some vacation time spent on FUN.




Complete with ice cream.

Besides - Joseph & I have a bucket list of things to do before he goes to college, and ZOO was on the list - so it wasn't just "blowing vacation time," it was "accomplishing a goal."

"Go out to breakfast" is also on the list.  I told Joseph that our morning stop at McDs qualified us to check that item off.  He didn't buy that :)

I appreciated today.

No comments:

Post a Comment