Wednesday, August 18, 2010

18

Recently I experienced The.Worst.Ever Customer Service. You think you’ve experienced awful customer service before? Oh no. You have nothing compared to the multiple hours I spent on “LiveChat available 24/7” and the telephone with Norton Antivirus. Let’s just say that my experience involved Farheen in India. Who told me on Tuesday that I had missed my Wednesday renewal date because it was Wednesday in India. Yeah – not so much! Norton Antivirus, I hate you.


Anyway.

I mention this because at one point Farheen asked me my son’s age (because I told her I was late picking him up) (because I had spent the previous hours with Farheen). When I told her Joseph’s age, she said, “Oh! You sound so young.” Now, what exactly did that mean? I believe she was trying to compliment me in an attempt to diffuse my wrath. I’m still puzzled by that. Is it good to sound young? Too young to have birthed your child? Who knows. Maybe she was just trying to explain that I was getting rotten customer service because I sounded like a teenager.


Anyway.

I really am the mother of a 18-year-old! Can you stand that?!

This morning, my 18-year-old boldy declared that he is now an Adult. To which his father promptly replied, “Great. Then you must be ready to pay rent. Because adults pay bills.” Way to celebrate him, eh?

And why was his father here this morning? Because it is very hard to celebrate the birthday of a person who is at Band Camp from 8am until 9pm every day. [Band Camp stinks. Not as bad as Norton Antivirus, but close.] So we celebrated this morning with a surprise birthday breakfast. Andrew picked up breakfast and came over, and the “party” was on.


A "young adult" worth celebrating.

Do you realize this may be the last year that I will live with this person?  How crazy to realize that he really is launching.  I am going to try to spend the next 365 days enjoying him while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment