Monday, September 27, 2010

Dinner Conversation

Joseph: "The Heart of Darkness is the worst novel ever written.  I mean, the author blathers on for 5 pages about - what are those things called - like bolts, only it starts with an R..."

G in the background: "Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama..."

Joseph: "Whatever.  Bolts.  So he rambles about bolts.  And then, in the middle of that, there's this 2 page rant about hippopotamuses..."

G in the background: "MAMA. MAMA. MAMA. MAMA. MAMA..."

Joseph: "I mean, right on the first page, I found myself falling asleep, and..."

G in the background: "MMMMMAAAAMMMMAAA!"

Me: "Excuse me, Joseph.  G, is this important for interrupting?"

G: "Ya.  I wanna bath."

Me: "I hear that you want a bath.  Could you eat some more chicken first?"

G: "Ya."

Joseph: "There hasn't been a page yet that wasn't awful."

-----------

Sometimes it strikes me as especially humorous- navigating the range of interests that flow along my dinner table.

No comments:

Post a Comment