Friday, September 10, 2010

New Sporting Event

The boys & I participated in quite an exciting event the other day...

Synchronized Gawking

It was amazing to behold.

The event started by me, then Joseph, then G exiting our car at the pizza place.  On the patio, a Little League team was gathered - along with coaches, parents, and sundry little siblings.  As my family exited our car, a hush fell over the performers - absolutely all conversation stopped.  One by one their heads swiveled over to watch us, like dominoes falling in a line - every single head ended up facing us.  And as we walked past them into the restaurant, they all - in perfect unison - did a complete synchronized swivel so that their eyes remained perfectly fixed on us the entire time. 

We're talking at least 30 people - completely silent and totally focused on us.  It was eerie to me, although Joseph didn't seem to notice.

Until we got inside & he exclaimed: "WHAT was THAT?!"

We had a good laugh at the freaky people.  I figured they just couldn't determine if I was Angelina Jolie or Sandra Bullock.  So it provided some amusement.

Somehow I doubt that I'll be as amused when G is old enough to notice and be hurt by stuff like this.

Any thoughts on how you would have handled the situation?

1 comment:

  1. Not sure how to respond to this blog entry; thought I needed to at least acknowledge that I had read it. Let's just say that the freaky people were staring because G is just so adorable and Joseph is quite handsome young man (you're not too bad yourself).

    ReplyDelete