Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Improvement

It seems that we have a day care solution.  I've been feeling cautiously optimistic, but we've made it a week, so.. maybe it's for real?

My friend's husband has been out of work for quite some time.  He is fabulous with children, and has agreed to come & watch G every day after school until I get home.  So far, we seem to be going well.  He's not reported any biting/spitting attempts.  He has reported that G is napping regularly.  And G's funny personality seems to be re-appearing.

Some recent exhibits:

A.
(From under the kitchen table)  "Mama?"
"Yes, G?"
"I not here today."

B.
(Said mournfully)  "Dis die-EE-rah.  I dot lots poopoo."

C.
Joseph: "G is not going to be a dumb jock."
G: "Don say dat."
Joseph: "Are you going to be a smart jock?"
G: "I no smart jock.  I fish."

D.
(Pointing to family photos around the house).  "Das not Mama; das Scott.  Das not Aunt K; das Scott.  Das not Grammy; das Scott."  As he was doing this, G was laughing hard.  This was hilarious.

It is fabulous to have this boy laughing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment