Friday, November 11, 2011

Preparing

I've had a revelation!

G will be having the surgery but I AM THE PATIENT TOO.

With his previous surgeries, I determined that everything should be fine.  He would be recovering and I would be caring for him.

Not how it works.

He recovers (relaxes) when I am fully present with him.  If I try to take a phone call, he becomes agitated.  When I make a meal, he vies for attention.  I recognize that this is not how it should be, but it is our current reality.

When we get this next surgery scheduled, I will be seeking help.
  - Meals
  - Errands
  - Helpers (people who will care for me so I can care for G)

Because I am the patient.



In other news, I am STILL striving to get post-surgery medication to help G stay calm.  I feel like I've chased down 1,000 leads.  There's been no success... yet.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! Since I can't bring you food, can I organize the meal schedule? There's a great website our church community has been using for that purpose. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete