Monday, November 21, 2011

Surgery Update

Surgery lasted more than 5 hours.

G's surgeon said G had a lot of scarring in the eye, which she "cleaned up."  She tightened the scleral buckle that was put in last month.  She re-attached his retina, and she put down more lasers (to help it stay down).

Now begins the hard part... "positioning."

It will be critical for G to remain facing the floor at all times for the next 10 days (he'll do the positioning for longer than 10 days, but that is his critical window).  I'm going to try him sleeping with me tonight so that the night-time positioning checks will be easier on me.  At least, that's the theory.  We'll see if I get any sleep with that kicking monster in my bed.

I'm off to try for sleep.  We just got home, and we need to leave for our check-up appointment at 6:30am.

Thanks for all the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment