Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Gifting

Will I ever figure it out?

Back & forth; back & forth.

My boys already have more than they could ever need.

     I like to see them smile.

Do I want them smiling over "more stuff"?

     Christmas is a celebration of a gift.

I don't want them unfocused on the important gift.

     I have the ability to buy gifts for them.

Or I have the ability to give my gifts to others who might have nothing.

     This is the family God made me responsible for.

God warns me: "This treasure you have accumulated will stand as evidence against you on the day of judgment." (from James 5)

I tried for moderation.  A celebration of gifting and of my family, while still being responsible.


Fail.

After my anguish, Christmas morning arrives.

G wakes & comes to see me.  "Mama, you see dose presents?  Now, can I have da orange juice?"


Yes, the orange juice that I had been saving for Christmas morning.. that was the big hit.

Well, that and the Teddy Grahams.


Sheesh.

1 comment: