Friday, December 9, 2011

Good Books for a 5-year-old

With G's facedown requirement, we read hundreds of books.

Hundreds.

I can't tell you what our MOST favorite have been, because those have become Christmas presents for some special nieces (& one small Malachi).  But here are some others you might enjoy.

Read many times.  A favorite. 
This one has me saying "Terrific" all the time.


As the pencil draws, things come to life.


Has the shortest chapters ever.  Made Joseph & I both laugh out loud.


I could leave this one, but G loved it.  One of the babies is not as brave as the others and needs encouragement.


I don't understand the attractiveness of this one, but G wanted to read it again & again.


A fun book to read out loud.. but only if you can do a terrific Texan accent.


Sweet book. 
Boris' mom puts ice cubes in the bath to cool it down for him.


Velvet is different.  The other all-the-same kids come to appreciate her.

The boy designs an amazing car.  Fun rhymes made it enjoyable to read, which was good, because G loved it.

If you check any of these out, let me know what you think.

And if you have any great tips for a good read, please share.


2 comments:

  1. We love "Mike Mulligan and his steam shovel." I'll keep thinking and let you know what I come up with. Have you discovered "Half Price Books"? They are a great used book store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, That's a great book - and one we haven't read in a long time. I'll have to check it out. We read machine books every day - construction trucks, trains, airplanes, boats, firetrucks - if it moves, we're interested in it. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete