Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Is It Friday Yet?

In the old days (two weeks ago) the pace of my life often felt frenzied.  So if this new pace is wearing me out a bit... well...

Today we woke early and jetted off to the hospital for an appointment.
Zipped back home to administer medicines & hand G off to Mr. Jim.
Rushed to work.  I led my team in an all-afternoon meeting
...but sped home to administer the 3:00 eye drops
...and flew back into the meeting
(thanked God for our capable Assistant Director!)
After work, dashed to pick up Joseph.
Ran home to grab G.
Scurried to drop Joseph at bible study.
Zipped to get G's new glasses.
(thanked God for my sister who researched the shop for me!)
Scooted home to feed G.
Bedtime (late again)!

I'm aware that everything about that scenario could be much much worse.  But if we skipped Wednesday & Thursday this week, I wouldn't complain.

Today's hospital appointment was at 9:00.  We left at 7:15

.... and were late!!!

Traffic was extreme.  At one point I was inching along in the left lane.  Our windows were down.  G leaned over towards his window and started hollering:
(remember to picture his little accent)

"Hey Buddy!
Buddy!
Eveyone!!
Stop doing that!
Make way!
Look at us!
Buddy!!!
We has to go!
Goooooooo eveyone!"

Four-year-old road rage.

I have no idea where he gets that from.

And - yes - I was driving my stick shift in stop & go traffic AND scribbling down those quotes for you.  You're welcome.


You may actually be here because you want to know how the appointment went.

Very well!

The doctor was pleased.  He could see where they lasered and said it's looking "excellent."

This doc had given me a glasses prescription for G.  I had asked another doc when to get those and she said in a couple of weeks.  Today's doc chastised me: "No, the glasses are what's going to protect vision in the right eye." 

I asked how we're doing with the risk of blindness.  He said it's getting lower every day.  The risk of complete blindness is now "low."

I know that you are praying for G.  Thank you.


Ok - one more quote from G's day for you....

"Dis is hawd."
"What's hard G?"
"Stay still."

I know, G.  I know.

4 comments:

  1. Can you please carry a tape recorder (or 2011 equivalent) around at all times? I would die to hear his "road rage". Good one for writing it down at least. That's more than I do. Glad for the good report. So sorry about your new commute. Exhausting! Much love. Wish I could bring over dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I possibly love a kid I've never met? Maybe Gentry and I need to find a way to mail dinners in a box?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the road rage! Bless his little heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No idea where G could possibly get his road rage from....

    ReplyDelete