Sunday, April 17, 2011

Understanding G

I zip around, trying to get breakfast on the table, when G pipes up:

"Im-a play in the puddle."

"NO.  Do not play in the puddle." (rotten, leaking refrigerator)

"Im-a play in the puddle!"

"Mama said NO.  I will clean up the puddle in a minute." 

"Mom.  I say you.  Im-a PLAY INNA PUDDLE!"

"G...."  (sees him opening the fridge)  lightbulb  "I'm sorry.  It would be great if you would get out the butter."



Sometimes the speech issues cause trouble, but mostly they're just adorable.

Two more of my favorite G-isms:

DEE-DAUSE = "because"

DAS NOK OK = "That's not ok" (a phrase that I regularly use with G, and with sometimes comes back my way from G - usually very calmly & seriously - as he warns me: "Mom.  Das nok ok."

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant move! He is such a proud helper. I love, "mom. I say you.".

    ReplyDelete