Thursday, March 18, 2010

Today's Doctor Visit



While driving home from G's doctor appointment today, I wrote a funny post for you in my head. It was about... how mindful I am of the gawking & comments G & I will receive in Chicago... so how mindful I am to make sure that he looks his best before we set out... and how the gorgeous weather allowed me to drive into the city with the windows down!... and how I had to take my 3-year-old into the center of attention with him not wearing shoes because, when I arrived his shoes had disappeared. I figured out that while I was driving, he was throwing them out the window! When confronted, he laughed at me as if the whole thing was hilarious.

Only, when I got home, his shoes were just inside the door. Where I had apparently left them.

At least he had pants on.



He had his first vaccination today (plus two miserable blood draws), and seems to be doing well. He is no longer terrified to stand on a scale - and he's up to 27 pounds! The doctor gave me a growth chart from WHO, which shows the average size, worldwide, for children - not just the average size of US children. G is nowhere near the bottom of the US chart. But on the WHO chart he has a nice head size (important), he's in the bottom quarter for weight, and he's off-the-charts-low (still) for height. We learned lots at the doctor... including that it's time for me to obtain more stool samples! I'm feeling confident in my newly-developed abilities to accomplish that task. We shall see.

2 comments:

  1. i think you may have planted the shoe idea into his head now :) watch out next time!
    so sorry about the blood draw trauma. interesting to hear about his head size since that was one of the first concerns you had way, way back. remember?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny - Love that you thought he was tossing them out the window, but you left them at home!!!! How many times have I blamed my kids for something that was my fault???

    ReplyDelete