Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Boy is Odd

Proof in two parts.

Part One:
This morning we were sitting in the rocker, watching the SNOW, when I noticed a spider climbing down the window. In a minute, G noticed it too. He slid off my lap, used his hand to smash the spider, gave the carcass a look of disgust, and crawled back up on my lap.

Part Two:
Also this morning, we saw two dogs running through our backyard. They were tiny little things, clearly newly escaped & going berserk with their freedom. I tried to get my shoes on, but they were already gone before I got to the door. Not long after, G pointed out their return - only this time, they were trailed by a frantic man. I opened my back door & called out "C'mon! C'mon puppies!" It worked! They ran straight for the door... until G caught sight of them and started SCREAMING, like only he does. It's not like one long extended noise. It's like intermittent SIREN BLASTS of terror & anger combined. Needless to say, the dogs did a U-turn and the man chased on.

Who do you know who has a calm disgust with spiders and a raging terror of quiet little fluffy dogs?

4 comments:

  1. I love how he is so calm about saving you from insects. And even though it sounds disturbing, I'm dying to hear this signature scream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like Barb! Did he leave the spider on the window?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em - I love that you remember that! No, the carcass fell off the window. But still - maybe G has a future as an ED.

    ReplyDelete