Sunday, March 21, 2010

Firsts

Today we experienced G's first successful HOP! There have been many attempts at hopping since we read about kangaroos. Mostly those have involved G's knees bending while his arms swung wildly upwards. But today there was actually air between the floor & his feet. A real hop.

(Shoot. Now I'm wondering if a hop only involves one foot at take-off & landing. So this may have been his first jump. Whatever.)

An even better first happened after his nap. Since he got home, whenever he wakes up & I'm not there, he CRIES & SCREAMS - that crazy siren scream I've written about before. Each time I've reminded him (in Kreyol) that he doesn't have to scream; if he calls "Mama," then I will come. That's our little routine from the past 6 weeks. Yet, after today's nap, I heard a precious call of "Mama!" coming from the room... without tears. Sweet progress.

1 comment:

  1. Trust. I love it.
    Tell him ava would love to play hopscotch with him.

    ReplyDelete