Friday, March 5, 2010

The First "I love you"

... goes to Joseph!

As part of our bedtime routine, I always take G to say goodnight (Bon Nuit) to Joseph. I remind G to say "I love you," and tonight he very clearly looked at Joseph and told him: "I love you" (I-uv-oo, but you get the point).

1,000 times a day I tell G to say something - "Please Mama" "More please" "Thank you" - and G shows no interest in saying any of it. But love for Joseph made the cut.

If you're counting, I think that brings us up to 6 English words in G's spoken vocab. We had "Mama" "Dadesh" (Joseph) and "Ah yah yee ah" (alleluia). I think we might also have "book", but am waiting to confirm. He definitely understands lots of English, so he should be speaking more soon. He's still babbling tons in Kreyol and it's so so cute. I wish he could keep his language.

In other news, potty training has begun. It's a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't that just figure, it was bound to be either Joseph or Bapi:)

    ReplyDelete