Sunday, June 27, 2010

He's Off

Joseph is gone to his summer program. We'll get to visit him once in a couple of weeks, but otherwise won't see him until late July.

I must confess that I am ready for this break.  It has not been easy to balance the summer expectations between this mom and this teenager.  I welcome the lull in our battle discussion series.  And I am totally ready for a break from the incessant chaffeuring.

I will miss the help Joseph has provided around the home.  Since he hasn't gotten any kind of work for himself (do you hear my annoyance?), I've been leaving him plenty of work to do around the house each day.  I haven't washed dishes in weeks!  I've had my floors scrubbed, windows cleaned, driveway swept, and more.  That has been nice.  I guess the chores will start piling up again for late July.

As much as I feel ready for Joseph to go, there's a certain someone around here who will certainly not do as well with the transition.  G's philosophy is that he should be wherever Joseph is... even cleaning out the gutters and returning the ladder to our neighbor.








I'm praying for G as he deals with the puzzle of why Joseph is gone.  Hope he can understand that Joseph will come back.  And praying for Joseph as he enjoys this awesome opportunity.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment