Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Joy



It is spectacularly wonderful to have G home.  After all these weeks, still -every single night- I look at him sleeping and thank God for bringing him home.  There's a crazy joy that threatens to burst out of me sometimes.  Last week one night we were in the kitchen.  Caribbean music was playing and G & I started to dance.  Tears welled up in my eyes.  I had to say out loud: "This is a dance of joy for you, God."  Yeah.  Crazy.

I know that God is good, whether I can see it or not.  But - WOW - He has been so good to me.                                                                                                           (Photo from May)

2 comments:

  1. Heidi, I can't imagine and I feel so bad. Have you tried talking to Angie Rasmussen or Lindsay Crapo? I believe they both finalized their adoptions in their respective states and I don't think they were as far along in the process as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chenoa. I actually just talked to another lawyer this morning. She confirmed what the others have told me - "we can't do anything" and "the courts are pending legislation." I've only talked to one family who finalized (not in my state), and that was because their papers were found. Lindsay must have had her papers, and maybe Angie did too. I don't have any papers (except my "secondary evidence"). As far as I can tell, my only option is to wait. Totally appreciate your caring.

    ReplyDelete