Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wild Child

Did I mention that G was in the ER on Saturday? 

So, if I told you that he almost ended up in the ER again on Monday, would you think "thank goodness the child made it safely through Sunday"?  Or is that just the way I'm thinking these days?

Yes, on Monday, the boy flew out of my room, rounded the corner, and collided face-first with the metal closet door.  As I peered into his bloody little mouth, I saw white bits down by his gums.  Those would be teeth bits.  I've never seen teeth bits before.  G certainly is providing a new glimpse into parenting for me.


It's hard to tell, but his bottom front left tooth is definitely chipped, and I think the one next to it is also chipped.  His teeth are pretty bad to start with, so it's hard to be sure of the new damage.

The dentist has pronounced G fine, and G is not complaining, so I'm feeling free to take a light-hearted tone.  But there is a part of me that worries: exactly how accident-prone can one boy be?


p.s. I can't make a real announcement until my sister & bro-in-law have a chance to do it, but it's possible that my new little niece/nephew has arrived safely in our world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment