Monday, December 13, 2010

Best Christmas Music



Love love love this CD.


After the earthquake in Haiti - when I knew that G was alive but adoption paperwork had been destroyed - when I wasn't sure if he'd ever be able to come home - when I was staying awake all day & night trying to make something happen - when I sobbed without crying because there were no more tears & no time to waste

- when I felt despair closing in around me

- then I needed to fight back.  And the only way to do that was to acknowledge that God is good.  To drown out every other thought and replace them with the certainly that God is in control, and His plans are good, and His plans cannot fail.  In the bible, God promises joy to his people.  I don't remember which verses I was holding on to then.  Here are some that might help you, if you need them today....

"He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy.”  Acts 14:17

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."  Romans 15:13

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.." Galatians 5:22

"Though you have not seen Jesus, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy," 1 Peter 1:8

So - in the middle of the night - I would put this CD on - with the songs "Unspeakable Joy" & "Glory in the Highest" on repeat - and I would sing until I was really singing.... until I was grounded, remembering what is true, and giving God the praise He deserved regardless of how my circumstances looked to me.


I bought an extra copy of the CD to give away to one of you.
Send me an email or leave me a comment if you are interested.
I'll do a drawing this weekend.


p.s. I know people don't like to comment, but if you win, you'll be happy; I'll be happy.
We'll have unspeakable joy.  Trust me.

5 comments:

  1. Of course I'm interested. I have my own songs from that time and would love to hear yours. I continue to praise God for his faithfulness during that time and throughout G's life. Can you believe it's been almost a year? Your faith and determination to trust God through it all has taught me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heidi! I love reading your blog because it can always give me a lift. The messages in the verses are things I have been holding onto for awhile in my hard moments. I am really trying to thank God for the situation I am in for all that He has given me as a result of it, even though it may not be what I wanted or expected. I truly believe He has a plan and I look forward to the story unfolding. Thank you for your inspiring words and I am definitely interested in the CD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Friends - Thanks for the comments. You are both encouraging to me! H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, Heidi, I am one of those annoying people who read your blog all the time, but rarely comment. I get so much enjoyment out of your blog and reading about how you and both of your boys are doing.

    I love Christmas music and it's always nice to hear new songs/versions.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chenoa, You could never annoy me! First, because you've helped me so many times I could never repay you. Second, because most people don't comment on blogs (including me). No problem! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete