Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hiding

Recently at bedtime our doctor-friend stopped by to pick up some of those medicines for Haiti.  I had told G that Dr. K was coming.  When she arrived, G had disappeared.

This was VERY STRANGE.

I don't talk about this often, but G is extraordinarily clingy.  No matter what I am doing or where I am going, he is there.  All day I hear: "I wanna wit tchoo" or "I wanna by you."  Translated, these phrases mean "I wanna go with you wherever you are, no matter how trivial or personal the place" or "I wanna have my chair physically pressed up and touching your chair because I have to be right by you." 

So when I opened the front door and G was not "wit me" I was totally puzzled & a little concerned.

I left the doctor and went to look for him.

His bedroom door was pushed almost closed.

I opened it and looked in.

Imagine G, dressed for bed in his little sleeper.  He was crouched on the floor with his head tucked under the bed, "hiding."

I don't know where this fear of doctors/dentists is coming from, but he's got it bad.

Here's a photo from a few weeks ago, so you can enjoy G's hiding strategy.  It's not a cute as the crouched-half-under-the-bed experience, but it will give you the concept.


Practically invisible, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment