Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Toddler vs Teen


(A post for my healthy friends to skip)


Breakfast remains G's most challenging meal of the day.

By "challenging" I mean he is highly likely to refuse whatever is offered to him.

I have tried every possible option.

Except for Haitian spaghetti.  Which I do recall eating for breakfast in Haiti - with hotdogs, of course.  Perhaps I need to whip up a batch of Haiti-hotdog-breakfast-spaghetti soon.

Before I rose to that level, I decided to go American:


Milk & cereal bars.  Totally healthy, right?

G was VERY taken with the package.  He wanted to eat it right away. 

As it was bedtime, I said No.

He expressed concern that Joseph would eat it.

I assured him that Joseph would not.

We went back & forth a couple of times.
"But Jajesh eat it."
"Don't worry.  Joseph will not eat your bar."

Finally, G seized upon a solution.  He went and got paper & pencil and thrust them at me. 
"You write it.  A note Jajesh, Mama."
He dictated:

(Joseph, Don't put it away.  Stop Joseph.  Please not eating it.  G)

We got to put G to bed, secure in the knowledge that his bar was safe.


When I came out from the bedtime routine, I was greeted with:


Seriously!

Teen boys!  Did G call that or what?

Fortunately, we had the whole rest of the box available for G.

Unfortunately, G declined to eat it for breakfast today.

Anyone have a good recipe for breakfast spaghetti?







2 comments:

  1. SOOOOOO Joseph - he was probably reading at the time of said incident.

    Plain old spaghetti, preferably cold, is GREAT for breakfast. If you send him down here this summer tell him that his Aunt K will make him spaghetti for breakfast every day he's here:) (minus the hot dogs of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me (and Joseph) laugh out loud. You totally called it! Nose in a book, as usual....

    ReplyDelete