Friday, May 6, 2011

Eye Update

I heard a great new song on the way to the hospital today.  Here's some of Kristian Stanfill's song "Always":

"Oh, my God, he will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, his promise is true
my God will come through always, always

Trouble surround me, chaos abounding
My soul will rest in you
I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm
My help is on the way, my help is on the way"

If you want to see it on youtube.

Nice words to sing when taking your child to the hospital, eh?


The doctors were amazed.


How about that?

Have I mentioned how grateful I am for your prayers?

The retina is holding on!  The other eye looks healthy!  The doctors are starting to wean G off of his eyedrops. 

I asked about activities like going to the park or gardening, and got the big fat NO.  The doctors want G still (ideally sitting) for two more weeks.  So there's a prayer request.

The other prayer request is that the vitreous gel has some hemorrhage and it can contract.  That's what I wrote down.  I think it means that there's still blood in the vitreous and that if the vitreous pulls back it will pull back the retina with it.  The doctor said "we may eventually take G back to the operating room."  Thanks for praying about that.

You may enjoy this....  G has insisted that "there's something in my eye."  I shared that concern with the doctor.  She (nicely) was like "Yeah, we closed the hole in his eye with a stitch.  He has a stitch in there."  Not sure how I thought that hole had been closed.  The thought of stitches in eyes is amazing to me.  Pretty grateful someone knows how to do that.

There's more to tell from yesterday, but I have to go now. 

I'll leave you with a beautiful photo from a couple of weeks ago...


Looking forward to seeing that again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment