Sunday, May 29, 2011

Play

With his budding imagination, G has developed a new style of play.

He directs the whole scene.

For example, I'm playing cars with him (again) (andagainandagainandagain).

G loads up his dump truck, and tells me "Say: 'Go over there buddy.  Say dat.'"

I say "Go over there, buddy."

G pushes the dump truck over, and tells me "Say: 'Hey.  Back up buddy.'"

"Back up, buddy."

And so it goes. 
Hours of entertainment. 
For G.


I don't remember Joseph ever going through this stage.  Is this "typical"?  Or just one more amusement that's unique to G?

3 comments:

  1. I remember some kids that I nanny-ed going through this. It drove me nuts! (Just realized in the "for what it's worth" category; the kids were adopted from Russia as babies/toddlers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rowan insists that I say certain things when we're playing sometimes too. I wasn't sure if it was typical or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. It helps to know that you've "suffered" like I am :)

    ReplyDelete