Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Eye and A Heap of Anxiety

People keep asking how we're really doing.

G is ok, as far as I know.  He's rebelling a bit over the restrictions on his movement, as we try to preserve his eye until surgery.

I'm thinking a lot about that verse from 1 Peter 5:

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."

I'm finding myself anxious often.  I am scared that G will end up blind. 

I worry that Ms. Leslie's dog will jolt G.  I worry that Ms. Leslie's daughter & G will sneak onto bikes and have a little crash.  Wait - those aren't worries - those have really happened.  I worry that the little crashes a normal boy has will cause this boy to lose his sight.

I worry that I should stay home with G.  I worry that I have such a tiny amount of "allowed vacation time" remaining from my work.  I worry that I should replace Ms. Leslie with another dog-less, child-less lady who will guard over G every second.  And I know that all the guards in the world could not keep this boy still.

I worry that he'll go blind and I'll forever regret that I didn't hire all the guards in the world.

I worry that the surgery is not until Monday and G may have fully detached his retina by Monday and it will be too late to save his sight.  I worry that I'm getting a sore throat, and G will catch it, and then he won't be able to have the surgery on Monday.  I worry that, if not from me, G will catch a cold from someone else.

I worry and I catch myself worrying and I pray.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

This morning as I prayed, God gave me this verse from Ephesians 3:

"Now glory be to God!  By his mighty power at work within us,
he is able to accomplish infinitely more
than we would ever dare to ask or hope!"

I'll try to stick with that today.

2 comments:

  1. Heidi,
    I am definitely praying for you. Jackson took a spill which necessitated an ambulance ride, and I found myself in the same cycle of worry. Boys will be boys right? How do we survive as moms though?
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and G. You are a wonderful momma and I can only imagine the number of things running through your mind.

    ReplyDelete