Friday, October 7, 2011

Morning Reflection

(School Nurse is holding firm.  G is NOT allowed in school until she receives word from his eye doctor.  But I had this post ready to go from last week, so here it is...)


The weather is getting colder.

I'm driving G to school - looking at the houses that have added on garages - wondering again how much it'd cost to buy one.

We get to school drop off.

I slip G out of the car.  Backpack on.  The teacher is already holding hands with one boy.  She takes G's hand in her other hand.

Quick kiss.  I love you.  Turn around.

G calls: "Mama!  I wanna wave you!"

The teacher pauses and watches as G waves & blows kisses.

The moment freezes.  The cost of G's adoption floats into my mind.  I'm overcome.

Thank you God that I don't have a garage.

Thank you God for this precious son.

1 comment: