Friday, October 21, 2011

Look out!

Personality is returning.

We saw the doctor yesterday.  She was surprised over how swollen G's eye is, but said there is no sign of infection. 

It's hard for her to get much of a look with Muhammad Ali swinging and doing his full-body-writhing technique.

For home eye drops, I've been pressing the babysitters into restraint service.  At night, my sweet neighbor has come over to hold his arms down.  She also helps the situation by gently encouraging him (and me). 

A funny eye drop moment...

G fights the drops with everything he's got.  As mentioned, he fully utilizes his body.  Once he's wrangled up, he tries for emotion:

"Mama, you sitting on me!  It hurts."

"Well, son, I'm trying not to hurt you.  When you sit still, then it won't hurt."

When emotion doesn't win, he tries the stall tactics:

"Mama.  Wait!  First, before, you count."

"Ok buddy.  What do you want me to count to?"

"...um... One."

Who knew that his lack of counting skills would come in so handy?

No comments:

Post a Comment