Monday, October 3, 2011

Eye Update

G's procedure yielded a surprise.

His retina is detaching.

Apparently, it is too far gone to be resolved with lasers.  The doctor wants to put in a scleral buckle.  I think that's a kind of ring that holds the eye together.  I'll have to do some research.

The problem is G's cold.  The scleral buckle requires 3 hours of anesthesia, which the anesthesiologist will not approve until G is healthy for some time.  The surgery is scheduled in four weeks.

In the mean time, G is supposed to be slow & calm... two words that I always use to describe G.  ahem.

I'm sure that this is going to stress out the new (busy mom) babysitter.  But I don't think I have any other option but to ask her to try keeping G slow & calm.  For four weeks.

Me - I've already yelled at G.  I want him to understand that he HAS to stop jumping around.  And of course, he can't.

We could use a whole infusion of peace around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment