Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sight

I’ve realized that I am in denial.

I ask people to pray because G’s sight is in jeopardy.

But –inside- I don’t really believe that it’s in jeopardy. I believe that we’re praying and God has given us good doctors and He’s going to heal G.

At the very core of my being, the only outcome I can imagine, is that G’s vision will be restored.


And yet…

Last week I found myself driving long distances. And I was thinking:

What does G need to see now? What do I need to show him so that – if he loses his sight – he has that memory?

Mountains
Waterfall
Redwoods
Ocean (again)
Whale
Baseball game
Wedding
Major train station

I realized that I was thinking like a girl and added: Football game.

But, I’m just thinking like me. How do I know what G would want to have seen?

What would you put on the list?

It’s hard to wonder. It threatens my denial. I want my denial.

But what would you put on the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment