Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Yesterday

If you've been around a while, you may know that after the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, I began fasting from coffee.  I calculated how much money I might spend on coffee each year.  I was able to survive without coffee for a year, and then I got to donate that money to a ministry that's doing smart work in Haiti. 

I also got to have a crazy, all-out, coffee-guzzling 40-day JUBILEE at the end of that year.  

After my beloved Jubilee, I began my 2011 fast.  That was a hard one.  Surprisingly, it got more difficult as the year went on.  You may notice that I didn't write about this one.  I wanted coffee. 

Anyway, I made it.  The fast ended Friday.  I was finally able to break out my amazing birthday present

For real.  My friend obviously loves me.  Tortured me for 4 long months.  But loves me.

And I love coffee.

The gift was extra terrific since G was recovering from surgery on Friday, and I wasn't able to get out to a true Jubilee location. 

(Starbuck$: Did you miss me?)

That all changed yesterday.

Time to return to work. 
The babysitter arrived early. 
Our local coffee shop has a drive through. 
It was meant to be.

Oh - steamy cup of wonderfulness!  Into my cupholder you go.

I pull out & through the parking lot &

"He's gonna..."  CRASH

SERIOUSLY ... MR. I-GOTTA-ZIP-OUT-OF-THE-DRY-CLEANER ... WAS IT WORTH THE RUSH?!?!?

Which concludes the story of yesterday's car accident.

But still leaves the bigger spiritual questions hanging.  Does God not want me to drink coffee?  Or is it a sign that I should have taken the time to walk into Starbuck$?  Or that I should have been content with my fabulous home brew?  So many deep questions to ponder.

One moral I'm sure of: Coffee tastes good, even while at the police station.

Welcome to Jubilee 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment