Saturday, January 14, 2012

Surgery? What Surgery?

This kid could wear out the Energizer Bunny.

(Soon after returning home.  I've got him set up to lie down & watch movies.  Instead, he's bouncing around.)

Surgery was yesterday morning.  By evening I was back to singing my interminable chorus of "calm & still; please walk!"  Sheesh.

But since that's all I have to complain about, I won't complain!

Everything seems to be a miracle.

G was healthy for the procedure. 

The cataract came right out. 

There was a hole in the bag, but it was small.  The surgeons don't think any debris fell through it onto G's retina. 

The hospital had the correct lens in stock and they were able to install it straightaway. 

The retina seems to still be attached.  

The retina's attachment will (hopefully) be confirmed next week.  I'm told that everything hinges on the retina at this point.

For now - He seems to have some sort of vision from that eye!!!

I know many of you were praying.


Thank you God.


1 comment: