Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Death by Chutes & Ladders... and a question

I love playing games.
I am a tad bit competitive.

Unfortunately, neither of those facts seem to apply to Chutes and Ladders. 

The counting (which G still can't do).. the figuring out which ways the rows travel.. those darn chutes.  Back & forth, up & down.  Again.  Again.  Again.

Again.

I would gladly take Chutes & Ladders to my work (the garbage), except for this smile....


You'd succumb to that smile too, wouldn't you?

But that's not my real question.  My real question is WHY, when this cute guy is available,

does G always want to play with this game piece? 

I'm assuming that it's because she is the piece that looks most like me.  But I do wonder if G has picked up on the "White is better/smarter/prettier" issue in our society.  Just in case, I find myself verbalizing how wonderful the little guy piece is.  And I wonder if I'm hypersensitive or if I'm not doing enough to prepare my handsome son.

Anything to keep my mind off those darn chutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment