Thursday, April 15, 2010

Arboretum

What a day.  The weather was G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!  Joseph's school had a late start = sleeping late!  Our tradition on late start days is going out for coffee before driving him to school.  Love that tradition!  I'm still refraining from coffee, but Joseph drinks fun coffees, and I enjoy the experience with my sons.

After dropping Joseph off, I was better than spontaneous.  I decided to take G to the Arboretum - but I first stopped at home to get the camera.  I'm learning!

I went through the day mindful that I might be living my most wonderful day of 2010.  Cool, eh?

Arboretum photo dump:

Spent a lot of time in the forest since that's my favorite part. 
G wasn't sure about all of those trees, and demanded me close, holding his hand.
...until the joy of playing with sticks wooed him away.

He wasn't sure about the strange noises - frogs & birds -

... but the moss was WAY cool

... and I could hardly pull him off the bridge.  Note the stick that was very purposefully holstered at his side.

I thought we'd head over to the meadow at naptime, and rest under a weeping willow by the river.
This photo shows G headed back to the car.  He was not catching my naptime vision.

Tomorrow we have scheduled an adoption home visit & another doctor appointment, plus we're off to another college visit.  Back to busyness.

1 comment:

  1. Heidi, I'm so glad you shared your blog with me. It's great to hear about Gaveson and your whole family is doing. The arboretum looks lovely. I love the look on G's face in the one picture!

    ReplyDelete