Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday

Today I was not spontaneous. 

We practiced singing Happy Birthday several times before calling Mallory to wish her a Happy 2nd Birthday.  Not that G actually followed through with any singing on the call.  We hope Mallory had a fabulous day anyway.

I planned to bring my camera to G's first kite-flying experience.  Which means that I snapped the following shot while G held the kite.

I mean, while G let the kite fly away.

I also got this shot of the ensuing fury.

Not our best experience.

Also today, we practiced "Playing Alone Without Toys."  I have another post half-written about G's inability to leave my side & devise fun for himself.  Today he did pretty well.  There was his favorite game: "Screaming at Innocent Passing Dogs."  He also played "Throwing Mulch" and "Dumping Rocks in a Puddle."  I was especially pleased with that last game.  Seems like progress to me.  He's also getting so much stronger.  It's shocking.  I couldn't believe how he powered up some steep inclines today (yes, Gentry, those do exist in Illinois).

In Joseph news, today was the ACT.  He thinks he did well - hooray!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Thanks for the shout-out. Is G wearing cowboy boots? How cute is that? Sorry the kite got away

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - I think I heard a bit of Happy Birthday during the call. We love G and love that you practiced singing for Mal. Wish we could have been together to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete