Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Packed Full

Tuesday was our first trial run with day care.  It's hard to get going so early in the morning!  G was not feeling the urgent need to get out the door.  He also wasn't ready to eat breakfast so soon after waking.  Breakfast is the meal where he most often eats, so that could be a problem.  He had fun playing at day care, with me sitting in the corner.

We stopped to watch a shovel digging a big hole, which was way cool.  Is it called a power shovel?  A steam shovel?  Hydraulic?  What???  I felt like a failure-mom exclaiming: "Wow!  Look at that big construction vehicle!"

But even more cool - we went to the train station & watched some trains.  Oh my!  WISH I had my camera for that.  G's hilarious dramatics played out as he exclaimed & pointed & did berserk dancing for each train.  There were tears when we left.

Found a sandpit playground at the Riverwalk.  Hours o' fun for G.  I'm sure that getting the sand out of his curls will provide hours o'fun for me.

Everything now is our "last."  Last full Tuesday of maternity leave.. last weekday library trip.. last wave to the garbage man.. etc.  Trying to milk it for all it's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment