Sunday, May 30, 2010

"After"

This is almost the "After."  Apparently, there is still more to come, but I couldn't wait to show you all.

Amy spent last Saturday with us (with my fabulous goddaughter La!).  Amy said she'd do some work around my yard, and had me take her all around the house, pointing out what I liked & didn't like.

On Monday after work I found out that she had been at my house, working all day in the 90 degree heat!  The results were beautiful!  And then she came back Tuesday!  And Wednesday!  And Thursday!  No joke.  I think she may be planning to come back yet again.  It has been a stunning gift.  She even remembered me saying that I wanted, some day, to plant a lilac outside my bedroom window so I could enjoy the fragrance in my room.  She bought & planted my lilac.  Seriously unreal.

So here's how it looks now...
(the brown bag is hiding our last name & our house #)


My lilac:

Has anyone else ever received a gift this awesome?

4 comments:

  1. what an amazing gift! i love this story. what a wonderful friend. it looks GREAT! i love lilacs too. we planted our first about a month ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does your friend want to visit the tropics? I have crazy amounts of yard work that are currently on the fall to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Em. I think she's going to be busy in my yard for a long long loooooong time. You'll have to water the palm trees yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing friend Amy is! Your yard looks great, no pressure on keeping it up:)

    ReplyDelete