Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Celebrating!

Do you know that a group of churches, including mine, partners with a group of churches in Haiti, sending mission trips a couple of times each year?  And do you know that I'm responsible for obtaining/purchasing all the medicines that the group will take? 

On one trip we were able to treat (and love on) 900 orphans!  On our last - February - trip, we were able to expand and start meeting the needs of adults in the community.  We even were able to assist in a local hospital.  I love that I don't have to travel, but I can still be part of something so important.

So - I do get a bit nervous before placing an order.  Have I chosen the right items?  Will I be able to get the physician's approval?  Will my funding request be approved?  Will the church receive sufficient donations to cover the expense?  Will I get the order placed in time to receive it on time?  on & on

But tonight I think it's ready to go!

I've seen photos of children covered everywhere with scabies.. until we were able to partner with their orphanage in treating them.  AND - I learned that on our next trip, those children were still scabies-free!

Once the team planned a sports camp.  I added the soccer balls to the shipment.  Later I saw a photo showing a young boy with ripped shorts & no shoes flying in to kick one of my balls.

Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment