Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Reasons to Adopt

Some day I'll compose a serious list.  But for today, let me just highlight a few fun Reasons:

1.  The Food.  Ok, this may not be an adoption-agency-approved Reason, but I assure you that it is a real benefit!  Today we had another friend make a meal for us.  Homemade eggplant parmesan.. with a salad... and bread.  And would you believe that yet another friend stopped by to offer a meal.  No joke.  Joseph has never eaten this well in his life.  And me - I'm just in heaven.  It has been truly amazing.

2.  Brothers.  Every time I see my sons together, my heart melts.  Their bedtime ritual especially kills me.

3.  Joy.  Today when I picked G up from day care, he saw me & ran to me smiling, arms outstretched.  That was a first.  So sweet.  Earlier today, I couldn't find his brown pants.  I looked all over, and then told G that I was going to the car to check the diaper bag.  That's where they were, so I returned to the house with them.  G greeted me with a thrilled: "YAY Mama!"  Too funny.  There's always something with him.






(G has the weird expression in the food photo because a DOG had just barked outside.)

1 comment:

  1. good explanation re: the dog. i assumed he was shocked at the actual food and how amazing it was!
    the kissing picture might be the cutest thing i've ever seen. how can you stand it?

    ReplyDelete