Sunday, May 16, 2010

Some News

Last time I wrote that I wasn't inspired to post.  Since then, I've thought of a million things I want to tell you.. but Joseph has been married to the computer, working on a thesis paper.  Finally, I again have access.  I'm glad you didn't give up on me.  Here's some news...

Joseph had TWO band concerts and a band practice last week.  Doesn't that seem a bit extreme?  G's ability/inclination to sit still is improving; I got to enjoy a couple of the songs.  The last concert was Joseph's last concert since he's not taking band next year.  Another chapter finished.

A common occurence while driving is to hear this exclamation from the backseat: "AHBUHZ MAMA, AHBUHZ!"  The boy likes to spot "a bus", for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Why no band next year????

    What is it about buses and little ones? Mal gets super excited when she spots school buses and when Avery was around 2 2 we used to count buses every car trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry. I'll still live the Marching Band life. He just chose not to do Band class - ergo, no concerts. And: why no class? It's partly because it's hard to feel challenged with his marimba skills when the teacher is coaching a whole band, many of whom have more interesting parts to play. And it's partly because he wants to try other things, like Ceramics, while he can. Beyond that - I'm just the mom. Who knows.

    I'm dying to know... Was that a correct usage of the word "ergo"? I've never tried it before.

    ReplyDelete