Monday, May 3, 2010

Laugh from the weekend

Please note: When G says "Joseph" it sounds like "DaDesh" or sometimes "DaDa."

Side note: The latter pronounciation exponentially increases the stares my family receives when we are out & about.

-----------------------------------------------------


If you look closely in the above photo (taken surreptitiously for you), you will see my neighbors.  My new neighbors who I haven't yet met.

On Sunday, in a desperate move for 10 seconds of child-free time, I exclaimed to Gavenson: "Joseph is coming home soon!  Go look out the window!!  See if you see him!"

In 5 seconds I gratefully accomplished 500 tasks, and returned to find this:


... That would be my child, half-dressed, with the door open, repeatedly YELLING "Ay! Ay!  DaDa!  Ay!...," while gesturing quite adamently in a get-over-here kind of motion.  As I moved to get him, he carried on out onto the porch, demanding that "DaDa" leave their group & get home now!  And, yes, they were all frozen & staring. 

I smiled, waved, and retreated.  What else was there to do?

1 comment:

  1. That is a great story! I'm loving the pic of G at the door.

    ReplyDelete