Wednesday, July 14, 2010

10 Years

I was the victim recipient of a surprise party this week.  My coworkers celebrated my 10-year anniversary at work!

They did all kinds of things I'd like - gave the party an international theme; served my favorite foods; made me a music cd (with everything from Haitian worship music to Prince's "Let's Go Crazy" [how awesome is that]); sent me on "Heidi Seek" (a hide-n-seek hot/cold game to find my favorite things.. including a gift-wrapped avocado); and played fun games. 

One game was a scavenger hunt and a question was: "How many photos of G are in the office (counting the collage as one)?"  The answer was 14.. and I only have 3 in my office!  Diane said, "I went around & counted 12 last night.. and then Sharon put up 2 new ones this morning."  How sweet are my friends?

Another game was identifying the countries of the flags hung around the room.  I rocked it out on that one.  Knowing Haiti & Jamaica worked in my favor, but I really need to brush up on the flags of the middle east.  :)

Some fascinating trivia: When I was young, I liked to peruse the Encyclopedia's flag section, and draw copies of the different flags.  I admitted that to our group, and my co-worker then admitted that she used to read the Encyclopedia and write reports about animals - during her summer vacation!  How about you.. any other Encyclopedia freaks out there? 

Another game was a mad lib... designed around my life at work in the year 2020.  Good news: I'm going to be married to a German chef!  And have 16 Haitian children!  Love to laugh.  Fun to celebrate.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! I can't believe I missed it! Sounds like a great celebration of YOU!

    ReplyDelete