Thursday, July 8, 2010

Explosion

That word - "explosion" - still makes me think of the days when I was cleaning sheets twice a day due to crazy diaper blow-outs.  But I'm not here now to talk about that.

We're seeing a language explosion.

Every day G is adding new words to his vocab! 

Now, you, the casual listener, might not recognize that "poo" refers to a "spoon" (or a fork, if we're being honest).  But I know - and I'm finding it very fun.

The only part that is not as fun is when the classic questions come at me for the quabillionth time.  This includes:
Wuz-za? (What's that?)  and  Ha Happen? (What happened?)

I'll illustrate with a popular discussion from my house:
G: Wuz-za?
Me: A wall.
G: Wuz-za?
Me: Wall.
G: Wuz-za?
Me: That is a wall.
G: Wuz-za?

No joke.  That discussion can last for hours (or so it seems).

But beyond that frustration it's pure fun around here.  Some language examples:

- G's word for "elbow" sounds identical to his word for "apple."  That one was figured out after he got very frustrated with me for repeatedly asking if he was hungry.
- I clapped for G the other night, and he insisted: "Bubble.  Bubble Mama."  I kept asking if he was ready for his bath, then finally realized he wanted me to add "Bravo" to my clapping.
- Yesterday he covered his eyes with his hands and announced: "Ideeg.  Ideeg Mama."  Because when your hands are over your eyes you're obviously "hiding."
- My most favorite G-ism is "Wat-ow!"  How often do you suppose I've warned him "Watch out!"

Really fun.

----------------------------------------------

And in other explosion news, I measured G tonight.  I think he's up to 35" and 31#.  If I'm right, that's an inch & a pound since my last check.  Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment