Sunday, July 11, 2010

Weekend Review

(nothing exciting; just a review)


Amy was here working on my yard when I got home on Friday.  My flowers look amazing.  You should come check them out.

We got to visit Joseph on Saturday.  G was in heaven.  Joseph seemed so proud of G - introducing him to everyone: "This is my little brother."  Of course, G would give no one else the time of day.  They'd try to greet him, and he'd just grunt & flip his head away.  It's embarrassing to have a child with such horrible manners.  But.. I'm also not real eager to start encouraging him to warm up to strangers so I'll live with it for now.

At church today G sat through all of the songs.  A first.

He seems huge to me.  He's stronger & faster & more regulated & smarter about everything.  I posted about his weight, but I just realized how it compares to his history:
July 2009: 20 pounds
Jan. 2010: 20 pounds
July 2010: 31 pounds
Isn't that crazy?

He's getting more apt to play.. and sometimes to play independently!  Tonight he was doing his favorite - putting things in & taking them out.. and carrying around his loads, telling me he'd be "right back."  Over & over again.

I mowed the grass tonight.  For a long time, G pushed around his truck behind me.  But towards the end he was just done.  I ended up having to mow the final rows with one hand while using my other hand to hold hands with him.  So he's not that independent yet.

2 comments:

  1. Tell Amy if she ever wants to test her landscaping skills in another climate (i.e. Florida) we've got a bunch of flower beds that could use some serious TLC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing with Amy is that she's never done. Every week I celebrate "the finished product," and then she digs up another bed or power-washes the deck or brings more mulch or whatever. It's unreal.

    ReplyDelete